Handle Heavy Drums Safely With Specialized Drum Lifters
Heavy steel, plastic and fiber drums filled with industrial chemicals and other hazardous materials present a serious occupational safety risk if not handled property. Specialized drum lifters help you manage these risks within your warehouse and distribution center more effectively — without compromising productivity.
Cherry’s Industrial Equipment offers you a carefully curated selection of industrial drum lifters. We exclusively sell products that have been tested and proven effective at improving safety outcomes in warehouses and other industrial facilities. Follow the links on this page to learn more about our current inventory, or contact one of our knowledgeable specialists directly.
Moving Heavy Items Without the Proper Equipment Causes Risk and Injury
A full 55-gallon industrial drum typically weighs between 400 and 800 lbs. — mishandling can lead to serious injuries over time and major accidents that cause both financial and reputational damage. Failing to properly follow recognized safety practices can result in:
- • Back and spine injuries, as well as broken or strained fingers, hands and toes
- • Chemical spills producing fumes that can cause asthma and other respiratory problems
- • Product loss and potential contamination of your workspace
- • Lost productivity due to employee injuries, accident cleanup and incident reporting
Common risk factors include confined spaces, improper drum labeling, slippery or uneven floors, and shifting drum contents. However, even when steps are taken to avoid these concerns, the right equipment is essential to prevent injuries and accidents.
The Best in Drum Handling Equipment
We offer you two main drum lifters:
- • The PDL-800-M: The PDL-800-M is a three-arm drum lifter/wrench for use on plastic, fiber and steel drums weighing up to 800 lbs. The PDL-800-M is designed for use with any overhead lifting device. Removable arms double as a wrench for opening or closing a drum’s plugs, facets and rim ring bolts, saving your staff time. The PDL-800-M is made from steel and features a baked-on powder coating finish that provides superior corrosion protection. A 30-day manufacturer’s warranty lets you shop online with confidence, knowing you’re getting a product free from material or workmanship defects.
- • The 240100 salvaged drum lifter: The two-arm 240100 salvaged drum lifter can handle loads up to 1000 lbs., making it an ideal choice for lifting closed head steel drums. Use it to quickly and gently move products into overpacks. Two-point adjustable arms ensure safe operation. Like the PDL-800-M, the 240100 is backed by a 30-day manufacturer’s warranty.
Visit individual product pages to view detailed specs and application information.
Invest in Your Productivity Today
Material handling equipment such as our drum lifters is an investment in a safe and productive workplace. When your team has the tools they need to handle potentially dangerous items — such as a heavy industrial drum — properly, they can work faster and more effectively, knowing they are safe at all times.
When moving drums, the right lifter is your first line of defense against an accident. However, a drum handler is only one component of a complete warehouse safety solution. Other lifting systems, such as a proper forklift, should be used in a secure, well-lit and level environment.
Cherry’s Industrial Equipment Is Your Material Handling Partner for Safety on the Job
The final component in maintaining a safe workspace is a supplier you can trust. Cherry’s Industrial is proud to be a partner to organizations big and small. We have confidence in our drum lifters and other products because we use them ourselves — any item in our inventory has been vetted by our own team and determined to deliver quality and performance whenever you need it.
Make a smart choice when it comes to safety. Buy a drum lifter or other equipment online today, or contact one of our product specialists for assistance choosing the right solution for your application.